YouTube House LA is providing 360 filmmakers and content material creators the possibility to participate within the VR Creator Lab. This system contains superior schooling from main VR instructors, 1-to-1 mentorship, and $30Okay – $40Okay for manufacturing. Apply now!
Final week, YouTube announced the VR Creator Lab, which VRScout is operating in with our associates at VR Playhouse. Collectively, we’ll present sources, technical perception, and alternatives for community development inside the VR trade. Our purpose is to assist YouTube creators develop their data of VR manufacturing workflows and stroll away with a refined method to producing immersive content material each throughout and after the lab.
Are you ? Nice! We’re in search of candidates who need to take their VR initiatives to the subsequent degree. As soon as the Creator Lab kicks off with a Three-day “boot camp” on August 7-9 at YouTube House LA, every creator will probably be tasked to provide not less than 4 unique VR movies, and one behind-the-scenes video. These movies can both be serialized (episodes of the identical narrative), or 4 standalone items. The VR Creator Lab will present the funding, cameras, audio gear, and mentorship all through this system.
Functions shut on Wednesday, June 21st, so should you assume you qualify, submit here.
If you happen to’re concerned with taking part within the lab, you should meet the next standards:
- You may have produced and printed not less than two 360° movies to your channel
- You may have a YouTube channel with not less than 10,000 subscribers (or 1,000 subscribers if registered within the YouTube Nonprofit Program)
- You may have no present copyright or Phrases of Service strikes in your qualifying channel(s)
- You’ve accomplished an “Unlock the Space“ orientation (this may be completed after acceptance to the Lab, if not already accomplished)
- You’re not less than 18 years outdated
- Your channel will not be for a client model
|June 21, 2017||Software window closes|
|Week of July 1||Lab members are accepted and notified|
|August 7-9||Boot Camp at YouTube House LA|
|August 28||Cohort gathering 1|
|September 11||Cohort gathering 2|
|September 25||Cohort gathering Three + video 1 publication deadline|
|October 9||Cohort gathering four|
|October 23||Cohort gathering 5|
|November 6||Cohort gathering 6|
|December 11||Video publication deadline|
|December TBD||Screening social gathering|
Different Related Info
- As much as three group members per channel might take part in this system. All potential group members needs to be listed within the utility.
- Due to the numerous monetary dedication YouTube is making to every creator, we ask that every channel decide to attending all programming. Exceptions may be made for sicknesses or different emergencies.
- Whereas this program is open to any creator no matter their house location, we count on everybody to get themselves to every gathering at YouTube House LA.
- Our purpose is for each greenback to be “placed on display.” If it’s worthwhile to retain a portion of your funds to pay your self, you are able to do so as long as it’s in service of realizing the vision of the mission(s) with which you utilized to the Lab.
- You’re permitted to supply or safe further funds in your initiatives.
- Program movies may be promoted on different social media platforms, however should be printed only on YouTube for the primary yr. Past that window, you may also publish to different platforms.
Find out how to Apply
There’s a two-step utility course of to use for the VR Creator Lab:
- Submit this application.
- E mail us a written proposal for the 4 VR movies you’ll produce within the Lab. You’ll need to paint us an image of the content material you’re envisioning, why it’s bold and modern, and why you’ll be able to execute it with the given funds. We’ll slender down the pool of candidates to a area of finalists who we’ll interview in individual as a second spherical. Ship proposals to [email protected] Please use the topic, “VR Creator Lab Proposal for [Channel Name]” in your e mail.
Functions received’t be thought-about full with out each the shape and the emailed proposals. Each objects are due by June 21, 2017. Good luck!