The Enterprise Reality Fund Releases Q2 2017 International Augmented Reality Panorama
The Venture Reality Fund (“The VR Fund”), a number one international enterprise capital agency centered on early-stage investments within the augmented, virtual and blended reality (AR/VR/MR) areas, at the moment launched its AR panorama for the second quarter of 2017. The report highlights practically 150 firms growing infrastructure, instruments, platforms and apps for the AR ecosystem and depicts general development, elevated funding and increasing worldwide affect.
“Over the past quarter, the AR industry witnessed several notable moves by major players including Facebook and Apple, which immediately led to a robust increase in developer activity as well as extensive coverage in the market,” stated Tipatat Chennavasin, co-founder and normal companion at The VR Fund. “These strides are reflective of rising interest in AR driven primarily by device infrastructure and SDK tools.”
The VR Fund evaluated greater than 2,000 firms for the panorama, and people chosen meet a sure standards of funding, income, mainstream protection and/or main partnerships.
- Exercise in Q2 was strongest within the areas of device infrastructure and SDK instrument development, indicating that AR remains to be evolving as an . These efforts will proceed to assist advance the expansion of apps for shopper and enterprise use in upcoming quarters.
- There was over a 60 p.c improve within the variety of firms centered on growing AR functions for enterprise from Q1.
- Microsoft Hololens and Google Tango helped lay the groundwork and educate the market concerning the capabilities of AR, regardless of restricted distribution of their developer kits. Additional development of those platforms is anticipated within the close to future in response to Apple’s ARKit.
- Google’s superior Tango expertise is confirmed to ship a superb experience able to augmenting your complete area round a user. Nevertheless, the prevailing fragmentation throughout the Android ecosystem handicaps the fast development and huge adoption of Tango.
- The introduction of Fb’s digicam platform and Apple’s ARKit impressed an instantaneous uptick in exercise and elevated consideration for the AR area, significantly associated to shopper functions. Early developer response signifies that Apple is changing into a significant power within the AR platform struggle.
- Apple’s transfer will result in accelerated development and experimentation with cell AR functions. Nevertheless, the input experience must evolve past contact to incorporate different modes reminiscent of voice.
The VR Fund releases up to date VR and AR landscapes quarterly, which will be discovered beneath the “Resources” part of The Enterprise Reality Fund’s website.
About The Enterprise Reality Fund:
The Enterprise Reality Fund (“The VR Fund”) is a Silicon Valley-based enterprise capital agency centered on early-stage investments within the virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and blended reality (MR) areas. The agency invests globally in revolutionary firms throughout all kinds of sectors from infrastructure and development instruments to content material and functions, to assist entrepreneurs carry industry-defining expertise to market sooner. The agency’s first profitable exit, Owlchemy Labs, closed inside The VR Fund’s first 12 months of operation.
As a part of its dedication to educating and strengthening the ecosystem, The VR Fund publishes insights together with quarterly international VR and AR landscapes detailing the market’s development, new investments and elevated worldwide affect. The founding staff can be a proud companion of the Girls in XR initiative, which connects feminine founders and women-led companies to capital and sources.