Digital reality is a quickly rising expertise that’s at present acquired the buyer market in a bubble. We see it used every day for VR gaming, experiences, movies, and extra. However based on research carried out by Magid and VR/AR Insights Consortium, they are saying that probably the most used VR app within the U.S. is Netflix VR.
In response to their tallies from 2,000 customers, they state that 22% of VR users have watched Netflix VR. Second in line was Minecraft VR with 20% and third was NBA/NFL with 19%.
The VR/AR Consortium, which additionally contains Turner, Warner Bros. and The VR Society, have launched additional insights in regards to the present market:
- One-third of all U.S. adults have used a VR device. Of which, 23% have used a mobile-connected VR platform (such because the Samsung Gear VR and Google Daydream View), versus 16% which have used a console VR device (i.e. the PlayStation VR), versus eight% for PC-connected VR platforms (such because the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive).
- The U.S. market of VR house owners and “intenders” stands at 44 million.
- Seeing is believing, as 50% of those that have tried a VR headset reported “loving” the experience on a PC or console device, whereas 90% reported “liking” it on a high-end PC or console headset. For cellular VR, 85% mentioned they “liked it,” and 44% mentioned they “loved it.”
- 86% of people who have used a console or PC headset and 84% of those that have used a cellular VR set-up would suggest the device to others.
- 51% mentioned they imagine VR will change the way in which individuals watch TV exhibits and flicks.
The research and outcomes are fairly promising as majority of people that have tried on a VR headset would suggest the expertise to their family and friends members. It additionally exhibits that individuals who have tried VR experiences imagine that it’ll change the way in which we view video content material sooner or later. Immersive content material is a robust factor because it permits users to be extra engaged and vest extra high quality time with the experience.