WITHIN & Lytro Presents Leonard Cohen 360 VR Expertise
WITHIN and Lytro’s acclaimed virtual reality experience Hallelujah formally launched at the moment on WITHIN. After premiering at Tribeca Movie Pageant and Cannes, the immersive and volumetric re-imagining of Leonard Cohen’s iconic music is now accessible to anybody the world over with a smartphone–simply in time for the late singer-songwriter’s birthday (at the moment, Sept. 21).
The pre-rendered, live-action model of the unique 6doF in-venue piece, optimized for a cell phone or a VR-ready PC, will permit customers to immerse themselves in Cohen’s highly effective ballad at dwelling, offering them with a binaural, spatialized sound experience and beautiful visuals captured with Lytro’s Light Field expertise.
- “Hallelujah” is ‘A WITHIN Unique’ made in partnership with Lytro. It’s created by Zach Richter, Bobby Halvorson and Eames Kolar.
- Hallelujah is a first-of-its-kind virtual reality music experience that reimagines Leonard Cohen’s most iconic ballad, captured by means of groundbreaking audiovisual expertise.
- The experience is centered round a novel 5-part a cappella association, which consists and carried out in-the-round (across the viewer) by Bobby Halvorson, an LA-based musician.
- “Hallelujah” was created utilizing Lytro’s cutting-edge light-field expertise, a 95-camera lens array which is rotated 5 instances on set to create a full 360 diploma experience.
- Lytro Immerge permits reside motion VR content material to behave because it does in the actual world for an uncompromised sense of presence and really immersive experience.
- The 6DoF in-venue experience premiered on the 2017 Tribeca Movie Pageant and internationally on the 2017 Pageant de Cannes and might be seen subsequent at The Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal.
- The model available on the WITHIN app has been pre-rendered and mastered from the unique installment to be compatible with cell devices and normal PC’s.
“In honor of Leonard Cohen’s birthday, we are sharing this immersive acapella rendition of ‘Hallelujah’ on the WITHIN app. Combining the transportive qualities of music with virtual reality results in an incredibly emotional and gripping experience. We hope the launch of ‘Halleujah’ will provide a chance for people to connect with the iconic ballad in an entirely new way.” – Chris Milk, WITHIN Co-Founder and CEO
“In Hallelujah, viewers are placed inside a virtual world that feels and looks like our reality, and are able to physically move around within it. While most live action VR systems keep the viewer fixed in a single point in space, Lytro’s technology breaks that boundary by giving the user freedom to move, allowing for a lifelike sense of presence that hasn’t been possible in virtual reality until now. We were also able to create a mobile version that immerses the viewer in incredible 3D sound, allowing anyone with a smartphone to explore the five parts of the a cappella and engage with this powerful music experience.” – Zach Richter, Director
Obtain the WITHIN app here to experience the piece!
Hallelujah was created by:
Chrissy Szczupak, Lytro
Orin Inexperienced, Lytro
Jess Engel, WITHIN
Chris Milk, WITHIN
Aaron Koblin, WITHIN
Sound by EccoVR:
Worldwide Orange Chorale of SF
WITHIN is the premier vacation spot for progressive, entertaining, and informative story-based virtual and augmented reality. They create collectively the best immersive experiences from the world’s best VR creators—from gripping tales set in worlds of pure creativeness to documentaries taking you additional contained in the news than ever earlier than. WITHIN helps all main headsets, together with Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Sony Ps VR, and Google Daydream. To get began experiencing WITHIN’s ever-growing roster of content material, simply obtain the app for iPhone or Android.
WITHIN was based by award-winning filmmaker Chris Milk and famend technologist Aaron Koblin with the objective of exploring and increasing the potential of immersive storytelling. We collaborate with corporations together with 21st Century Fox, Oculus, Google, Apple, NBC Common, Lytro, The New York Occasions, Vice Media, and the United Nations, in addition to artists together with
U2, The Chemical Brothers and OKGO to deliver to life and distribute premium immersive tales in quite a lot of genres. (Social: @WITHIN)
Lytro is constructing the world’s strongest Gentle Discipline imaging platform enabling artists, scientists and innovators to pursue their targets with unprecedented ranges of freedom and adaptability. With the announcement of Lytro Immerge, the world’s first Gentle Discipline resolution for Digital Reality (VR), in late 2015 and adopted by the 2016 launch of Lytro Cinema, the world’s first Gentle Discipline seize system for cinematic content material, Lytro is firmly on the forefront of the generational shift from legacy 2D imaging to 3D volumetric Gentle Discipline video. Study extra: Lytro.com. (Social: @lytro)
About Zach Richter
Zach Richter is an award-winning director, inventive director and graphic designer. His work combines interactive media, expertise, and storytelling. In 2015, Richter directed the NYTimes first virtual reality movie, “Walking New York” and extra not too long ago was a director/inventive director on the WITHIN VR sequence “The Possible,” created with David Gelb.
Richter’s work has been proven at Sundance, Tribeca and SXSW movie festivals, and has been honored with the very best awards in creativity and expertise at Cannes Lions, The Webby Awards, and Clio Awards. Richter is the Inventive Director